Turn up the heat: new high-temp casters and wheels won’t sweat it
Thursday, December 15, 2016 4:28 PM
Call ‘em hot wheels for work. Call ‘em casters that won’t cook. Whatever you call ‘em, one thing’s for sure: these babies stay cool under pressure.
Hamilton is proud to introduce our new line of high-heat casters and wheels. Built tough to withstand the rigors of extreme temps, they’re ideal for rolling anywhere you want to beat the heat—especially in autoclaves, product finish systems, food manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries, where heat treating and coating is increasingly becoming the norm.
“We’re pretty excited about this series. Not everyone realizes that most conventional casters aren’t built to withstand very high heat,” explained Hamilton Vice President of Marketing Mark Lippert. “In the past, we’ve offered high-temperature wheels and casters to our customers on demand. As high-heat becomes more and more part of everyday manufacturing, we now have an extensive line to make it even easier to get what you need.”
To help you understand each offering’s singularly scorching charms, here are some highlights:
Stainless Steel Caster featuring New Ultratherm™ Wheel #S-HSTL-4HWRB
High Heat Non-Metallic Wheels
Our High Heat Non-Metallic Wheels offer a range of high-heat options to light your fire, from the everyday generalist Scorcher to the uber premium Ultratherm™. These wheels come in a variety of diameters and are temperature rated between 475 and 570 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The affordable generalist
- Temp ratings up to 475 degrees F
- Rated up to 1,400 pounds
- Injection molded 33% Glass Fiber Reinforced, Heat Stabilized Nylon 6/6
- Double the strength & stiffness of unreinforced nylons (27,000 psi)
- Superior abrasion and wear resistance
- Great for autoclaves
- The premium version of Scorcher, with a higher-end precision ball bearing
- Certified especially for the food industry
- Resistant to water, acids, chemicals and most solvents
- Temperature rating up to 530 degrees F
Noiseless Ultratherm™ Wheels
- The crème de la crème of high-heat wheels
- Roll silently, so they’re easy on the ears
- Made of high-heat elastic rubber, so they protect floors beautifully
- Temperature rating up to 570 degrees F
- Features maintenance-free precision ball bearings
- Wheel size: 4”. Note: We also offer an Inferno series (see below) high heal dual wheel casters with Noiseless Ultratherm™ wheels to offer you double capacity. So you can safely move a 2,000-pound load without damaging your floors in 570 degree temperatures.
Direct from Hades, our Inferno™ Series wheels come with special high-heat stainless steel precision ball bearings rated up to 750 degrees Fahrenheit.
Inferno™ and MagmaMax™ Casters
Stainless Workhorse featuring New Scorcher Wheel #S-WHS-6HNY
Is it just us or is it getting warm in here?
In the high-heat caster arena, it’s a veritable heat wave of choices that cater to every capacity—from a mere 150 pounds all the way up to a whopping 9,000 pounds of crushing force. Our Inferno™ casters come in light-, medium-, and heavy-duty, while we’ve saved the heaviest payload for a category all its own: our MagmaMax™ extra heavy-duty casters.
Got a fever for high-heat wheels and casters? Contact Jim Lippert for the cure.