We love it when one good thing leads to another. This custom truck we designed to move 25,000-pound titanium ingots for a global titanium manufacturer is a great example. Titanium is just the monster metal we want to pal around with, thanks to its resistance to corrosion and high-strength to low-density ratio. Plus, it’s 30 percent stronger than steel. Tough cart, meet tough passenger!
As it turns out, titanium is pretty susceptible to contamination, which was a no-no for this order.
So we had to make sure our parts were free of Carbide, Tungsten, Ceramic or other dense materials when designing our cart. The cradles on the cart are tapered so they don’t meet in the center, making it easy to immobilize the 30-inch diameter ingots while still providing enough room underneath to rig them for lifting. Four winches and five lashing rings on each side help ensure maximum stability during transport. And thanks to our press-on wheels with XL polyurethane, this baby can run for a long, long time.
Because only the strong survive.
- Model: XT3186
- Capacity: 25,000 lbs.
- Running Gear: 14" x 7" press-ons in front; 18" x 7" press-ons in rear
- Deck Material: Smooth steel
- Deck Size: 48" wide X 192"
- Steering Type: Single 5th wheel style
- Couplers: Tongue with towing loop
- Finish: 2-part epoxy grey
- Cradle capable of holding rolls up to 30" diameter. Cradles do not meet in center
- 5 Tie down rings on each side
- 4 winch with attachment points