We never used to think about all the delicious ways tomatoes add flavor to our lives: Tomato paste, tomato sauce, tomato juice, chutney, bruschetta, gazpacho, ketchup, cocktail sauce, pasta sauce, pizza sauce, taco sauce, picante sauce—it’s an exhaustive list worthy of Forrest Gump dialogue.
But then the country’s largest privately-owned tomato processor hired Hamilton to custom build trailers for hauling their precious love apples. And suddenly tomatoes were all we could think about.
The ask: Design a special cart that can not only move tomato paste cans from production to shipping, but also transport fresh tomatoes from an outside railcar area to an indoor processing plant.
The solution: This Four-Wheel Steer workhorse with hardwood deck to get the job done. Why hardwood instead of steel, you ask? There are a few reasons:
- Wood decks provides more friction so loads have less tendency to slide on turns and ramps
- Wood decks provide a softer surface that shock absorbs and protects the load better than steel
- Wood decks provide a much quieter ride than steel
Canned or fresh, here’s our winning recipe for summer’s precious cargo:
- Description: Four-Wheel Steer Trailer
- Capacity: 6,500 lbs.
- Deck Size: 49" wide x 96" long
- Deck Material: Hardwood
- Steering Type: Four Wheel Steer
- Running Gear: W-1650-SPRT-1-1/4 wheels with reinforced hubs
- Couplers: Loop-Type Towing Tongue with Pintle Hitch Welded at the Rear
- Color: Painted Red
- Maximum Trailers Per Train: 3