We spend a lot of time talking about protecting the safety of our people in manufacturing. But what about preserving our precious factory floors? Don’t they have rights too? Shouldn’t they get the same TLC?
Of course they should. Operating in a failure-free environment is more important than ever these days. Good thing we’ve got the ideal tough guy who knows how to tread gently. It’s our special maxi duty dual-wheel caster with a low contact pressure.
We first designed this custom caster back in 2016 to safeguard the concrete floors of a world-class aerospace and defense company. Back then, the customer challenged us to engineer 128 heavy duty casters, each rated at 15,000 pounds and designed to apply a maximum contact pressure of 750 psi per caster to the floors.
With 698 psi per caster, our Hamilton DuraGlide with a two-inch thick tread turned out to be the perfect polyurethane for the job. Once the wheel spec was finalized, Hamilton machined and fabricated the caster with a toe guard as an added safety barrier to protect precious warehouse feet. The customer appreciated our efforts to dig in and find a solution, and they’ve sent us a steady stream of large repeat orders ever since. Power to the pavement!
Special maxi duty dual wheel 12" caster
- • Load capacity: 15,000 pounds per caster
- • Height: 15-1/2"
- • 2 each, 12" x 5" polyurethane on cast iron wheels with tapered bearings and bearing seals
- • 2-inch -thick polyurethane tread, 95A Durometer, ether based polyurethane, flat, and black in color
- • Tread is liquid cast and chemically bonded to a heavy duty cast iron center
- • Mounting plate: 8-1/2" x 8-1/2" with bolt hole centers 7" x 7"
- • Bolt holes are sized for use with a 5/8" diameter mounting bolt (mounting bolts not supplied).
Got an industrial-sized design challenge that requires a soft touch? Let Hamilton support all your custom caster needs.